Monday, May 21, 2012

Welcome to Nauvoo

Correction: 

Elder Knudsen suggested that I make a correction of an earlier post.  When I wrote about the Conference Center in Salt Lake, I guess I implied that the pulpit was damaged by the fountain on the roof.  IT WAS NOT.  It was damaged by a sprinkler system coming on - I just thought it was kind of ironic that the fountain was directly above the pulpit.  Sorry.

WELCOME TO NAUVOO




 This is our new house - isn't it cute?  We live on the bottom.  We have neighbors on both sides of us who play the piano so we get to hear them practicing at various times of the day.  It's great.

Across the street in the front there is a park with a campground.




And in back there is a patio and a beautiful HUGE lawn.  The field on the left is a cornfield - not very tall yet.












I'm not sure how we got so lucky.  Some of our friends are in tiny tiny houses with tiny narrow spiral staircases.  They are very cute but I'm really glad we are all on the ground floor and we have lots of room and storage space.  We also have a basement which is the tornado shelter for several senior couples.  That means they can get into our house anytime they want.  Good thing we trust them huh?

Here's a peek inside our cute little place. 





I took these pics before we moved our stuff
in and then forgot to take one after the bed
was made



When we first walked in the house - look what we found.



Two cans of soup, a loaf of bread and a cute little note that said:

"We welcome you to Old Nauvoo
The Lord has work for you to do
Your testimony you'll want to share
As you meet folks from everywhere."
Love,
Illinois Nauvoo Mission Presidency


I think we're going to love it here - actually, we already do!







No comments:

Post a Comment